Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Na Ala Hele

Na Ala Hele is the organization that maintains Hawaii's hiking trails.  They recently had a job announcement for a Field Technician Assistant.  And knowing that my internship will end soon, I applied just because.  Even though my resume is full of ocean-related experience, I was surprised when they still called me in for an interview!  So yesterday was the interview, and I must say, I don't know if I really want the job!  Most of my duties as an assistant would be spraying herbicide on weeds on the trails - easy, but not really my thing.  I applied to other jobs too that involve more ocean stuff, education, or outreach stuff.  It took Na Ala Hele about 2 months to respond to my application and that was the first job I applied for.  Now I'm mostly worried about how long it will take until I hear back from the other positions that are more suited for me.  I hope I hear from them soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment