Monday, April 18, 2011

Ka'ena Point

Ok so I've lived here all my life and I've never been to Ka'ena Point!  So I finally went and we walked like 5 miles!  Ugh!  Next time we're bringing bikes, and a tent because there's no shade!

There's a couple of swimming holes and tidepools along the way....


An arch!


The state just finished building this.  It's a fence that protects the whole point and keeps out all the rodents and animals that prey on the native seabirds.


Keep Out!


The only chick we saw.  If he looks huge it's because he is!


The lighthouse.


From the point.


There was a Hawaiian Monk Seal but I didn't get a picture cause it was too hot to walk everywhere!


We cooled off in the tidepools.  Even the wet rocks were too hot to walk on!


View of west side on the way back.

1 comment:

  1. you have the funnest adventures! it has also been really hot recently. maybe I will go when it's cooler... :-)

    ReplyDelete