Monday, April 25, 2011

Hawaiian Royalty

I visited 'Iolani Palace last week for fun.  I think the last time I went there was in elementary school.  It's sooooo beautiful inside and out!  Photographs weren't allowed though.  The royal throne room was amazing!  Everything in the palace is gorgeous and rich feeling!  And there are soooo many rooms!  I saw photos of royalty and I saw their jewels and crowns and other gold and silver stuff!  The furniture was pretty and the wood staircase was really nice!  The palace was the first to have electricity in the islands at that time!  Amazing!  It was such a grand palace at that time, and still is, only now it's a sad reminder of the fall of the Hawaiian kingdom.

Ewa side


Makai side and front entrance


Diamond head side.  You can see the top corner room, that's where Queen Lili'uokalani was imprisoned for 8 months until the Hawaiian monarchy was illegally overthrown.


Mauka side and entrance for the tour


No comments:

Post a Comment