Thursday, October 13, 2011

College Graduate out of work

Who will hire me, a college graduate? I've been job searching for months and it seems that my college degree was a waste of time. Did I get a college degree to get paid minimum wage at a mediocre job? No one will even hire me, so minimum wage is out of the question, it's zero. What do I need to do to get a job? I see now, why all the locals are moving off this island. Locals aren't wanted here. Especially if you graduated from UHM. It means nothing. At least that's the impression I'm getting. No wonder why there are so many "foreigners" on this island. They are the ones getting hired. They don't tell you this stuff in college. They don't prepare you for the "real" world. They rush you in and out and leave you to fend for yourself. Maybe with my college degree I can be a barista girl at Starbucks, or better yet I can work at Longs or Safeway! Yeah! That's exactly what I got a college degree for! I didn't get a college degree to actually EARN a living. Who needs college? Who needs school? Baristas and supermarket girls don't! Next time you think about going to college in Hawaii, DON'T! Cause it doesn't even matter what you study, you'll never get a job doing it. Especially here.

1 comment: