Sunday, November 28, 2010

Alive and Well in the MLCD

Today's weather conditions were perfect for a snorkel and a fish survey!  No waves, no wind, plenty of sun!  I went to the Marine Life Conservation District in Waikiki, because it's a no take zone, which means lots and lots of fish!!!!  The survey was very successful!  I identified at least 40 species of fish, not counting the ones I couldn't identify (like all the parrot fishes!).  Check out my photos!  :)  I saw only one Lagoon Trigger, which is really really rare, but I wasn't able to get a picture!




Saw 3 Moorish Idols


Orangespine Unicorns


Saw two Pearl Wrasses!


Many many weke, Yellowfin Goats!


Black Durgon, a triggerfish!


Rare Nenue, Hawaiian Chub, and some other chubs!


Saw only one Mu, Bigeye Emperper


Saw only one Paku'iku'i, Achilles Tang


Saw two Fourspot Butterflies!


Barred Filefish



No comments:

Post a Comment